2nd Council Election
From Wikimedia Hong Kong, the Local Wikimedia Chapter in Hong Kong
The Second Council of Wikimedia Hing Kong will be elected on the sixth general meeting of the Members Assembly. Members of the Chapter are encouraged to take part in such election, in order to fulfil their obligation and devote their service to the Chapter.
Electoral Affairs Committee ※ 選舉事務委員會
To ensure the fair and justice of the election, an Electoral Affairs Committee was formed by the order of the Directory
Method of Election Regulations ※ 選舉辦法
- THE Method of Election Regulations for the Second Council Election (which is called the Regulations in this document), shall be only applied to the Second Council Election (which is called the election in this document) of the Wikimedia Hong Kong (and in this document it is called the Chapter)
- THREE Councillors shall be elected in the election, which is arranged according to the decisions by the Electoral Affairs Committee.
- ALL candidates shall be members of the Chapter, who shall also reach 18 years of age on or before the date of the nomination.
- NONE of the current directors or member of commissions shall be nominated in this election (Advisors can be nominated as they are not counted as members of the commissions).
- ALL candidates shall be nominated by at least three current members as subscribers, and self-nominations are not counted as valid subscriptions.
- ONLY members of the Chapter and personnels authorized or invited by the Electoral Affairs Committee are eligible to access into the election venue. Access to the non-member shall be granted by the Electoral Affairs Committee upon formal application to the committee.
- ONCE voting procedure has commenced, the doors of the election venue must be secured, and no one, neither member nor non-member of the chapter outside the venue shall be allowed to enter the venue and vote in the election.
- ONCE the relevant electoral procedure commences, none of the members of the chapter shall disseminate any message which is libellous, slanderous, or any message that aims to affect the election results viciously. Members with such behaviour may be deprived of the opportunity to vote by the resolution of Electoral Affairs Committee, and are subjected to further disciplinary action by the Directory.
- THE Electoral Affairs Committee shall be the SOLE authority for the interpretation of such Regulations.
- THE Regulations may be added to, repealed, or amended by resolution at any Electoral Affairs Committee meetings, provided that no such resolution shall be deemed to have been passed unless it is carried by a majority of at least two-thirds of the Committee Members voting thereon.
- IN the event of any inconsistency between such regulations and the Memorandum & Articles of Association, the Memorandum & Articles of Association shall prevail.
Nomination From ※ 參選及提名表格
Please download and fill in this nomination form. ONLY printed form is allowed.
Candidates & Electoral Platforms ※ 參選人與政綱
Initial results ※ 初步結果
- In order of number of votes received, from more to less
| Candidate No.|
| Name of Candidate|
| Vote count|
|1||Chiu Yin SHEK||11||84.61|
|2||Pak Yiu YICK||11||84.61|
|3||Cheuk Yui LI||10||76.92|
All THREE in the table above, whose names are listed in bold, were initially declare the councilors-elect. If no objections or other petitions are raised within a week since the day of election, the Electoral Affairs Committee will official declare the results as above, & oaths and second council meeting will soon be arranged afterwards.
A Charity registered in Hong Kong No. 91/9316
Wikimedia Hong Kong Limited, P.O. Box 73859, Kowloon Central Post Office, Hong Kong